Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter, Bubba Style









No surprise here, the Easter Bunny came to our house. Well, I should say, the Easter Bubba. Somehow Edgar's nickname has morphed from "Baby Puppy" to "Buppy" and now "Bubba." J and I take much delight out of narrating the dog's life as if he had a voice. For example, if we are taking Edgar on a walk and he begins to skip (and, yes, he does skip), then one of us would exclaim in a deep voice, "I'm a Bubba Dog on a walk. Nose down, tail up!" Or, when he brings you a toy and pushes it against your leg as if to say, "Here, guys, its my fun toy, here, here, here. Take it!" And then we burst into fits of giggling. Yup, we focus a lot of attention on the dog.

This morning, J resurrected himself after working a twelve hour shift and getting home in the wee hours. (Don't mean to be blasphemous, just thought the verb worked well.) To what does his wondrous eyes doth appear? A Easter Basket! Complete with a note from the Easter Bubba. There was fun stuff like cell phone head sets, fun beer from all over the world, an exotic chocolate bar, simple syrup for J's famous mojitos, mini french lemonades, a star fish: and of course racquetballs and an alligator toy for the dog. The Easter Bubba left me some beautiful Stargazer lilies and an add on "Seasons" component to the Sims 2 (this could be a separate post within itself).

I cleaned the house yesterday and put on my spring decorating hat to arrange something festive to welcome/invoke the warmer weather. Invoke is probably the better word as it is only in the mid-thirties today. I clustered similar styles of glassware (always in groupings of 3 or 5), filled them with sand, sea shells, and candles. Just call me Martha.

While I had intended on cooking an elaborate Easter dinner complete with Lamb Shanks and Asparagus for the two of us, J's ER schedule changed and he was back on the 12-midnight shift. Damn. So instead I made smoked salmon scrambled eggs, strawberries and warmed up some pastries from our favorite bakery. This doesn't mean I'm not having the lamb tonight. It will just be Bubba Dog and me.

No comments: