Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Things I Have Learned in the Past Three Weeks...

1) If you pass out in the doctors office you win a trip to the ER in an ambulance, but if you only have a near-fainting spell you win a heart monitor to wear for 2 weeks, an EKG, blood work, and a whole lot of stupid drama.

2) Listening to my husband sing "Walk this Way" with the wrong lyrics is hilarious. "Hey little little with your tittie in the needle..." I had to explain what the right lyrics were and what exactly it was alluding to sexually. His reply, "Thank God! A tittie in the needle just sounds painful!" He's been singing the song this way OUT LOUD since it came out and we were in junior high.

3) Despite the common knowledge that Scotties cannot swim because they are essentially a block with a mailbox for a head and will sink, Edgar has proved that he indeed CAN swim and loves to now venture to the lake. He still has not mastered retrieving the ball however as he sucks in water through his nose as he tries to bob for the ball wondering why he can't get it.
His exceptionally long tail serves as a rudder when wagging and can cause him to go off course.

4) There is a longer medical venture than the 4 years of residency of Med/Peds. My spine pain doc did an intern year in internal medicine, 3 years in anesthesiology, decided he really wanted to do critical care which earned him another 3 year fellowship and then settled into another fellowship of pain management. After learning he wasn't a quack, just highly confused as to what he wanted to be when he grew up, I felt much more confident about him doing a spinal nerve block scheduled for tomorrow.

5) Odd that my life lesson is to figure out how to do nothing and releasing control. Bed rest is my nemesis although I can safely say that I would prefer it to my job on several levels which is frightening as I've never really felt that way before. However, what I wouldn't give to be able to clean!

6) "Family home evening" takes on a new meaning when the excitement is your husband going through your MRI scans at home on the computer and exclaiming, "Honey, there's your poop!"
And, "Boy, you sure did have a full bladder when they did this scan!"

No comments: