Friday, September 30, 2011

Why My Mom is Awesome, Reason #8762

Mom: "Well, I have to get off the phone now. I'm at the annonymous-get-your-mobile-on phone store. They see my red Jetta with the clergy sticker on and think, 'It's that crazy woman again.'"

Me: "What? Why?" Thinking, Mom should either buy stock in this company or have her own private reserved parking outside the store.

Mom: "Oh, I didn't tell you? You'll love this."

I'm wondering if the following story could be better than the Easter lamb story.

Mom: "I was showing the social worker at work how to use your phone to communicate with our Dutch lady who doesn't speak English and I accidentally turned it on to only speaking Spanish. I don't know the Spanish to turn it back to English and so I can't work my phone."

Me: "Only you." As I begin to calculate how many years it will take before I do something like this. I came up with 14 months.

Mom: "Oh it gets better. Somehow I also switched it so now the Angry Birds theme blares every time I turn my phone on. Needless-to-say, it was a bit disrupting for our conference call."

1 comment:

ksmcglynn said...

You're back!! I sooo love reading your blog. Not as much as seeing you in person of course :)