Friday, February 15, 2008

Duck Fetish

At a local Irish Pub:

J: "You see that one room in there with all the bookshelves? I dream of having a study like that one day. It all goes back to my love of the Scottish isles."

All I can think of is the Sex and the City episode where Charlotte describes her apartment with her first husband as a place where the mallards come to die.

Me: "With the wainscot paneling too?" I finally glanced in to the faux room to see people slurping their Black and Tans by the mammoth dark bookcases cluttered with cheap novels (would have been better with leather bound volumes), a large stone fireplace, and hunting scenes depicted in bad art prints.

J: "Yeah, did I ever tell you about the time when I wallpapered my childhood bedroom with tartan wall paper?"

Me: "If you did I think I consciously blocked it out."

Mallards dying? No, it has now become the Massacre of the Mallards. I can't believe my husband just one-up'd a Sex and the City character...and not in a good way.

No comments: