Friday, February 8, 2008

Umpires and Mercury

In astrology, Mercury in retrograde is something that happens 3 times a year and it is a guarantee that things will go wrong. Mostly technology, communications, and travel will just simply go wrong. You may miss your flight, don't sign any agreements, and your gadgets will go kaput. It will also bring stuff from the past. In my personal past, this meant that the old ex boyfriends would resurface. Old issues surface that weren't quite resolved for you...well, its a nice way to say you get to revisit them!!! Oh goody. Since I am a Virgo sun, Virgo moon, and Capricorn rising the Mercury retrogrades reek extra havoc on my life as Virgo is ruled by Mercury. Also this current retrograde is in Aquarius so we are just a bit more defensive of our individuality and opinions as a whole. Yes, this applies to everyone. Apparently this first round of the "divine messenger" planet will go direct February 19th.

As I said, there are some great things that happen as well when we get this retrograde. We finish projects. For example: remember that beer that we began to brew back in April of last year? Well, we finally bottled it!!! Just in time for my husband to now begin fermenting the cider that has been sitting in our garage since September.

However, other bad things happen. J's computer crashed. I mean as in the big bad blue screen of death crashed. Last night he used the very little computer science info he has just to see what parts of the hard drive are completely &*#)$. There's a lot gone. I choose not to get upset about it as its not going to do me any good whatsoever.

Travel plans are also under the domaine of Mercury. If you haven't been paying attention, Kenya is still a mess. I just don't think we're going to get there. (Hear the collective sigh of relief from our parents on this one.) I haven't decided if this is a good thing or not. Often I go back to a story I use on a lot of my clients:

There are three umpires. One says, "I call it how I see it." The second says, "I call it how it is." The third says, "It isn't anything until I call it."

No comments: