Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Decorating Dilemma

Its no surprise that our garage is a mess. As you well know, my husband (God bless him) is a pack rat. He is the type that hangs onto empty boxes and notes from 7th grade biology class: because you never know when you may need them. It should be noted that he has not once needed his biology notes. He is also a master of tetris (can I get another thank Jesus on this one because otherwise I would kill him). To date we still have all of our pots with dead wilted summer flowers outside that we never moved into the garage because 1) we ran out of time before leaving the country, and 2) there isn't any place to put them inside the garage. Yes, we are white trash.

J has figured out how to put suitcases into suitcases so masterfully that although we have a bazillion different bags, it only looks like we have about 3. He has also masterfully packed all of our Christmas decorations into the suitcases as well. We only have a couple other small boxes filled to the brim with garlands from where else, Costco. The other day I asked if he would be a dear and go wrestle with my car, the kayak suspended from the ceiling in front of the boxes, and the multiple medical journals he has yet to read that are stacked on the ground to get the decorations. I figured it would be easier as we also need to put the suitcases back. He grumbled a bit, but came back with the decorations. I'm embarrassed to say that they have sat in our living room for 3 days now. I did open one of them up...well, I tried to open of the the boxes up by ripping off the tape, but I could tell it was like putting my husband on "Its a Small World" for hours at a time and completely made his hair stand on end. He took over the opening of the boxes.

I think part of our depression about the whole decorating thing is that Costco does not ship Christmas Trees this year. This is a tragedy within itself. We're now trying to figure out if we should subject one of our cars to the potential sap dripping, needle scraping nightmare that we have envisioned or pay out the wazoo to find another shipping direct tree farm. We're in a stalemate about this one as I am leaning toward the first option and he is more about the second.

No comments: