Monday, August 20, 2007

Gone Grammy Gone

Having my mom out here was a blast. There were definite highlights of the trip that I enjoyed immensely. For instance, not having to rearrange my body around Edgar in the bed was heavenly. Edgar slept with "Grammy" every night but one. We call her "grammy" only because there is a dog food out there called "grammy's pot pie" that the dogs love. Poor mom, the name rather stuck...or at least until a grandkid renames her at some point in time. But like I was saying, there were many favorite moments.

1) Watching Edgar recognize my mom at the airport and literally try to climb over the car seat to get to her.

2) Having mussels and beer

3) Introducing her to a 3D IMAX movie with the funky glasses

4) Having my mom and my husband make dueling animal sounds in the car

5) Having her compliment my hostess style about comfortable beds, cooking, fresh coffee, and gifties on the bed when she arrived. She even told me I was as good of a host as my grandmother, Ginny. This is a HUGE compliment.

6) Introducing her to Yats, 96th Steakburger, and Elements for my birthday dinner.

7) Showing her my moonlight Victorian garden

8) Tickling/rubbing each other's feet while watching the news (something we used to do when I was growing up)

9) Watching her kayak with Edgar and letting him swim

10) Water walking with her

11) Eating her delicious cooking as she made the last meal

12) Laughing, laughing, laughing all the time

Yesterday was a sad one for me. I was the weeping wife. I hate that kind of tears. You know, the ones where you don't even have to blink and a big fattie rolls down your cheek. We had some heart to heart conversations that still resonate. Edgar has been sniffing around her room and then looking up at me as if to say, "Where did she go?" Its very sad and J thinks I;m too anthropomorphic with the dog.

Its hard to know that I won't see her until around Thanksgiving when I'll be stopping off in SLC to drop Edgar off for an extended vacation at Grammy's while J and I go to that Scottish wedding Down Under in the Japanese Tea Garden.

No comments: